HomeAboutEventsTweetHizTempleContactContact

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I Am a Walking Bible


You know today someone said or rather described me as being a "walking bible". I didn't know how to receive that. I instantly felt convicted because I know me (being transparent). I thought, wow, THEY don't know me. I was like, wow what pressure to place on me...I make and will make mistakes. We ALL do. So don't go and place me on some pedestal just to push me off the moment you find a flaw, is what I was thinking. But, then I paused and processed. I began to realize that although it might have been a possible compliment in their mind, they didn't understand what they were really saying. And, so yes, I actually am a walking bible. I, am all of the stories found in the bible of falling & forgiveness, sin & salvation, despair & deliverance, shamed & saved, judged & justified, defeated & delivered, excluded & embraced, victimized & valued, persecuted & promoted, ignored & influential, embarrassed & empowered, liar & liberator, cheater & compassionate, and most of all redeemed by the blood of the lamb. I had never ever heard someone describe me that way before and I had never ever thought of myself, my life, my path, my pains, my progress, my journey in such a way until today. It was actually an a-ha moment. And, one I am still processing as I share with you. 

#TodaysMoMoments

Share the Email with others

No comments:

Post a Comment