HomeAboutEventsTweetHizTempleContactContact

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Today's Post: Your Growth Plan Comes with Growing Pains


As long as you are walking the face of the earth, God has a plan for you. I know this to be true. Once I have reached my development of growth in an area, I notice that a new area begins to reveal itself and the focus becomes more intense there.

Those periods in my life are both exciting and nerve-wrecking. I get excited because preparation always precedes promotion. The preparation process always includes deep self-reflection, extraction or addition of people, places and things, battling of mind tricks, having new perspectives, etc. And, I begin to lean harder on the word; Jeremiah 29:11 will kick in and, so will Proverbs 3:5-6, as well as Matthews 6:33. Words of encouragement I get from folks and the opening of doors to new opportunities and access become evident...all during the preparation.

So, what about you? Do you see a growth plan being developed in your life…even if you haven’t consciously formed one yourself, have you felt the growing pains? What area of your life do you think it is illuminating? What are you learning about yourself, about your future, about your relationship or lack there of with God? You do realize that the good, bad and the not so cute that is your life, is actually all part of your growth plan. Each phase/stage of life produces new growing pains, producing a new growth plan. We are never to be at a place where we feel we have reached “that” level and now we can chill. Not if God blesses you with another day of living. You should always find another thing to appreciate, to conquer, to accomplish, to value, to give, to assist in, to just do in life. Tomorrow is not promised…it is truly a blessing to be alive, with relative good health, abilities of limbs, in our right mind, family, friends, resources, etc. So, don’t take it for granted.

Look at where you are and ask God why? What am I to be learning at this stage, in this phase of my life? What is it you want me to do above and beyond just going to work, providing for my family and living for myself? What needs to be changed? 

Today, I stop and give thanks to God for allowing me to see another day. I also, pause to hear from Him and get an understanding of what my Growth Plan is to be moving forward. It is time to be intentional about our future and not just continue living day-by-day. That is such a waste and leaves no lasting impact or legacy for anyone….including yourself. Seek God and get excited to hear from Him. #joinme

Walk in faith. Live in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment